A few kilometres south of Singapore lies a secret beach with clear waters and white sands and brand new accommodation…..and this is where the Hash House Horrors is going for its annual Hash for Kids weekend.
This popular destination was once a quarantine centre for immigrants coming into Singapore who had cholera, beriberi and leprosy; it was later used to house political prisoners and drug rehabilitators, and now it’s the ultimate Hash weekend destination given the beaches, clean waters, links to other islands, mangroves, coral reefs and clean accommodation.
Date: 15th of February overnight to 16th of February
Cost: S$20 per person (we need a minimum of 40 people)
Travel: Marina South Pier (35/45 minutes) – S$15
Accommodation: dormitory-style, hot water male and female showers, proper toilets and dedicated cooking and eating facilities
- Arrive: on any of the scheduled ferries (tickets to be bought ahead of time to confirm seats)
- Settle; into the accommodation, choose beds etc etc
- Dinner; provided by the Hash and cooked by the Horrors! On On!
- Bonfire; cooking marshmallows, learning the Hash song and telling Horrific stories!
- Pass Out, and snoring competition!
- Breakfast; provided by the Hash and cooked by whoever wakes first!
- Hash No 924; – start around 10:00 in the morning exploring the island/s, beach and perhaps the water
- Decamp; swim, sandcastles, explore
- Depart; on any of the scheduled ferries (a ticket covers you both ways)
Sign Up: to make sure we have enough beds, food, drink, ferry tickets and to make the booking we need to know who is coming and we need certain information from you to make the accommodation booking so please do sign up using the link below.
Sign Up Link: https://forms.gle/rpekPhwHfRtGZPUx5
Further Information: once we have enough Hashers and Horrors we will send out further information on what to bring, ferry timings etc, but please do get in touch if you have any specific questions.
Guests: like all Hashes, please do bring grandparents, friends, other Horrors, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, Lovers etc plus do remember that whilst Hashing is an excellent activity any and all damage done – physically, emotionally, spiritually and various other forms that your lawyer and you can think of means the individual is ultimately responsible.